1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy shit, Dale Jr. ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jr/shotglass, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It’s stopped raining and the hurricane is still over the Bahamas. We racin’ tonight.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got to say - the more random the throwback scheme, the better I like it. Stroker Ace?

Is Dale doing the lead on this race? He's doing a hell of a job. Not sure if it's just the chemistry with Petty and Jarrett - all third generation racers - or what.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The race has been good, and this portion of the broadcast has been even better, but it sounds like they’re going back to the regular broadcast team.

4. DanOregon

Fun race - figured Kyle would catch Jones and then the misstep with the wall. Oops.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The plan was to have Petty, Jarrett and Dale Jr. call the middle segment with the regular crew calling the first and third. I was actually impressed with Earnhardt as the lead. There were a couple of times you could tell he was a novice. For instance, he's not the guy who normally throws it to commercial or to the pit row reporters and some of those transitions were awkward. But all in all, he was actually pretty good in the lead role.

6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I've been impressed with how well Junior has adapted to broadcasting overall, but his performance Sunday may elevate his potential even more.

7. DanOregon

I'd say even if you took away his name value - he's well above average and is the rare announcer that might make you more likely to turn in to a broadcast knowing they're doing it.

Draft saved Draft deleted