1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy Sh*t!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm not going to blame the Republic Party and George W. for causing me to shit my pants this morning. When I heard that North Korea was talking about firing nuclear missiles, however, my first thought was to punch the first Republican I see today.

My heavens! Could we be in a more fucked up situation? Is this real enough for you? Or must you have the damned tip of the missile lodged in your sphincter before you realize what a horrible bunch of leaders we have.

Let's start by acknowledging that the Democrats are so weak and pathetic that they can't even seize power from a crew of thugs, bullies, convicts and, gulp, sexual predators. But let's then look at the folks who will be handling this impasse with North Korea.

1. George W. Bush: This would be a C student who failed an impromptu foreign affairs test during his first election campaign. This would be the man who dared terrorists to "Bring it on." This would be the man who, under false pretenses, sent the country into a war in Iraq that has no clear purpose and no clear end. This is a man who can't even pronounce "nuclear."

2. Donald Rumsfeld: Here we have a guy, apparently, who even Bush no longer wants leading the Defense Department. According to recent reports, most people think he's a nutjob. He was the lead man in the Bush WMD fiasco, which featured so many untruths that plugging the words "lies" and "Rumsfeld" into Google spits out almost five million hits.

3. We have a Republican-led Congress that insists that gay marriage is a key political issue while Georgie Boy keeps reminding us that we'll all be nuked to high heaven if we dare elect somebody other than him.

4. We have a Justice Department listening in to some 85-year-old Sudanese-American women's phone calls hoping to catch a tip while allowing the world to become more and more enraged as American troops interrogate people by nearly drowning them.

Hell, I could name at least a dozen other people: Bolton, who has a track record of not getting along well with others, Rice, who is about as warm-hearted as an Arctic toad, Katherine Harris, who seems to be a method actor stuck in the Baby Jane role, George "Macaca" Allen, Dennis Hastert, who can't seem to understand that his party has proposed a $200 million party to celebrate victory in Iraq at the same time that North Korea is threatening to launch nuclear missiles. Meanwhile, one of their leaders is hunched in his office yanking on his meat and asking a 15-year-old boy if he likes to take it in the ass.

These things are disturbing, to say the least. Many rate far higher than the apparent outrage after it came out that Clinton had an affair with an intern.

I'll grant you that he created a damned fine act to follow. But, suddenly, as I sit here and consider that there may be a nuclear warhead about to explode somewhere in the world, the little things that have been making my skin crawl for several years seem much more important.

Okay, I have to end this rant. After all, I need to dig a damned fallout shelter and stock up on pork and beans. After all, it's highly unlikely that the government will respond to any sort of disaster, whether it be homelessness, hurricane or health care, when it doesn't have some sort of financial incentive to it. I mean, they might send out a memo, but that would just be to ensure that everyone has purchased duct tape.

Anyway, thanks to all of you fine Republicans for putting into office the least qualified and least capable president ever to be elected. Now you know how Bill Buckner feels.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I totally see your point. This is, to some degree, something that was going to happen regardless of who was in charge.

But, if you're about to be knocked into next week by the fat kid from sixth grade, I'd much rather the old lady teacher come over and scold him and tell both of you to behave like gentlemen than to have the beer-bellied custodian walk over with his assistant and announce that he's betting $10 that the fat kid goes down. I mean, whether republican, democrat or Hitler, I'll take the guy who just shuts his trap over the guy who says "Bring it on" any day of the week.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

What an idiot.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I sympathize with your fears/concerns and even your assessment of GOP figures, but if you think the Clinton administration would have made a more positive impact in Korea, you're mistaken.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Here's an example of Bush's inconsistency with his foreign policy:

Iraq - Saddam Hussein has (biological) weapons of mass destruction that he might sell to terrorists we must invade as he's a threat to world peace

North Korea - We know they sell nuclear technology to terrorists and that they just conducted a nuclear weapons test, but let's look for a diplomatic solution

Iran - We know that the 9/11 terrorists were allowed to pass through the country with forged passports with no problems, that their president held American citizens hostage in the 80s, he wants to obliterate our strongest ally in the region (Israel) and he's advanced his country's nuclear program ten-fold since Saddam left power, but let's look for a diplomatic solution to their growing nuclear program.

6. e4

e4 Member

i think HM's point is that korea is going to do what korea is going to do, but that America's leadership has already put this country in a position where it cannot, at least in the eyes of the international community, act in good faith. i.e., our foreign policy is so unpredictable and we've lost the moral capital to act as the world's police or to strike unilaterally when threats like this arise. bottom line: who should trust us, and why? and that's a scary thing, because it's not the weapons that make us a superpower, it's the threat of us using those weapons and the "bad guys" knowing what transgressions will elicit such force.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree. A kick to the junk would be the way to go.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

9. Amen. I've been telling my wife that for months. Unless we got pictures of Kim Jong Il riding a nuke into downtown Tokyo, we've got no recourse _ military, political or otherwise _ than to hope the Chinese get pissed off enough to do something about it.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll bet you're just a big old pussy.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Doesn't cracking on the photo constitute a D_B as well? Maybe no response at all would be more appropriate.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I figure that photo is part of my schtick. There are a lot of other pics along the same lines. I just figure other folks could look 'em up and post them.

Draft saved Draft deleted