1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy mother of god, the weather

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Feb 14, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just had about a half mile walk. The wind is whipping and there is freezing rain producing these little rice-sized pieces of ice that are flying in every direction at around 30 mph. And of course, when I left early this morning, I didn't wear a hat or scarf. So I was out there trudging through the tundra, getting pelted all over the face and head, non-stop and those little pebble-sized pieces of ice. They stung, and it were relentless. It made me think it was close to something you might have found in the Soviet-era torture manual.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I hear you Ragu -- it takes a lot for me not to make my mile and a half walk to work in the morning unless I'm running late. Usually, heavy rain or really hot weather are the only things that will stop me. But it was brutal this morning -- sideways sleet/hail smacking me in the face. I broke down and took the train.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Ragu's mom is saying, "Ragu, where is your hat? Where is your scarf? What, no gloves? You'll freeze to death from the cold"

[​IMG]

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, my road was not plowed last night. So, stupid me, I still tried to get up here -- and for a half-hour, attempts at gently leaving my foot on the gas pedal in overdrive didn't work.

This morning, I have the engine light on. Fuck.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's February.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Part of the problem is that the weather has been so screwed up since Xmas that we didn't think we'd ever get winter.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dude... you are like so fucked...

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Old Joe reminds the proletariat to wear a hat.

[​IMG]

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How fucked is "so fucked"?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Very.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's so frigging cold that when I'm walking outside I don't even stop at corners to wait for the light to change. I know Ragu will be shocked to shit when he reads this (that is, of course, after his eyeballs thaw out).

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Cold as a witch's tit here. Minus-an-ungodly-number. Snow piling up eveywhere. I have a small hill to climb to get into my apartment parking lot. I nearly didn't make it last night after work. Then, the fucking snowplow (read: front-end loader) rumbled through our lot at 5 fucking-AM, waking us up. The better half called this morning. It took her n hour and a half to make her normally 25-minute drive to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted