1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy moly.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Stud running back here at the JUCO goes down with a season, perhaps career-ending injury.

Somehow, took a shot to one of his nuts.......(Hold on.) Nut ruptures........find cancer.

Not good times.

2. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Ouch[/collective wince from male population]

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

In a way, that's probably a blessing in disguise for the kid. Perhaps they caught it early enough.

The nut thing sounds painful, though.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Sounds painful? are you kidding me!!! holy shit!!! that's all you got!?!?!!? I feel like I should be in mourning for this guy.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Similar thing happened to a local college softball player a few years back... pops her ACL, as they're doing pre-surgery tests they discover her ovaries are full of tumors... they remove the ovaries, then fix her ACL a few months later. Likely saved her life.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

It ended her softball career, but luckily Kurt Busch was able to find success driving a stock car instead. :eek:

And, regarding the thread title, just how holy is moly, anyway? I don't ever remember reading about moly in the Bible.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Who was that pitcher who had cancer, thought they had got rid of it, came back and then in his first game litterally threw his arm out of his socket where they found even more cancer? I think he was a Dodger in the late 80s or early 90s or something.

BTW - I threw up a little in my mouth from phantom pins just reading the starting post.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The only people I would wish that kind of pain on are Osama bin Laden and Fred Phelps.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Pitcher was Dave Dravecky.

80's-90's Giants teams.

Gets over the cancer, comes back, throws a pitch, and supposedly, you could hear the bone break in his arm......if I remember right, they had to amputate it.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dave Dravecky. He pitched for the Padres and the Giants. He made a dramatic comeback from cancer in his left (pitching) arm, winning his first game, but snapped a bone while pitching in his second game. He had to retire and eventually his arm was amputated.

EDIT: Chef Bo beat me to it, and yes, you could hear the bone break, followed by Dravecky's screams of agony. I think he was pitching against Montreal.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Thanks man, thgat was going to have me staring up at the ceiling all night trying to figure out his name.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This suggests a line so tasteless that I can't, I just can't.

I must be losing my edge.

Draft saved Draft deleted