1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy hell...Leinie's available in Big D!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I was in utter shock when I walked into the Beer Cave [the big walk in cooler full of assorted brews] at the Texaco around the corner from mi casa to find a mountain of Leinenkugel. For $4.99 a six pack!!!

I checked the labels to see if one of the macrobrewery's had taken over Leinenkugel and could not find any evidence of such a malfeasance. Anyone know whether or not these are true blue Leinies?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wow it's $7.99 around here.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On a sadder note, the local FSR affiliate traded out Steve Czaban for Dan Patrick.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

The interweb is your friend. KNR2 in Cleveland streams his show on their website. If you have an iPhone or G1 [aka "Google phone"] you might be able to listen to it via the Stream It All RADIO app. There's always satellite radio as well.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They are indeed. They've really ramped up distribution lately.

A few years ago, a buddy originally from Wisconsin would have his parents truck in cases and cases when they came for a visit. That and cheese curds. Oddly, I think the Leinies from Wisconsin tasted better than the ones I can buy here. Probably that whole allure of being unavailable locally at work.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Miller owns Leinenkugel.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But the family is still involved. Or, at least they say they are on Szaben's show on Friday mornings.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Talk about a discovery deferred. They've been selling Leinie's in North Texas for going on three years now.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... I thought this thread was about Matt Leinart

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Since they stopped brewing the Big Eddy series they are irrelevant.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I saw some at the local grocery store just last night here in the Pacific time zone.

They also had Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat, which previously I'd seen at only one store outside of greater Boston.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Still Leinie-less (and Yuengling-less) on the west coast. Damn.

Draft saved Draft deleted