1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy hell Holyfield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As long as Evander Holyfield can pass the required medical tests, it's his life. I'm not going to pretend I know what's best for him better than he does.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"Nothing to see here, people..."

[​IMG]

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I'm sure the HBO brass is sitting there going, "Oh, Evander's fighting? Yawn."

Heavyweights are ass. There's tons of good Mexican fighters to watch, along with others like Gatti and Mayweather. Don't waste your time on the big boys.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's the definition of a Tomato Can

5. I am.
    Any commission that authrorizes this mess should be disbanded and the members sued.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'll be stunned if this fight actually happens. I can't see a lot of people shelling out cash to watch it either in person or on PPV.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Here's to hoping it ends up as one of those fights during the middle of the week in the afternoon on ESPN2.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But if he passes all the required medical tests (and assuming these are honest, ethical doctors, not the kind that have a way of finding whatever the people paying the bills want them to find) why shouldn't he be allowed to fight? As I said, it's his life. I doubt he's suicidal and you know he's not going to face anybody who poses a real risk for a while.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Hi everybody!

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted