1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy F*&% it's cold out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

It is currently 27-below. The weather network says it feels like 39-below. Tomorrow, we're looking at 28-below.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

God in Heaven.........where do you live.......the arctic circle?

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I know wind-chill is a scientific formula that weathermen just love to trot out . . . but I call BS on anyone who says they can feel the difference in 27-below and 39-below.

At some point (high and low), these differences have got to be meaningless to the body.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I love cold weather, but damn that's fucking cold!

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Naw, just little ole Calgary.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

You are mostly correct. Once it's the mercury falls to 10-below and lower, cold is just cold. However, there is a temperature at which you risk the danger of your skin freezing on contact with the wind. Check out this link.

http://www.msc.ec.gc.ca/education/windchill/windchill_threshold_chart_e.cfm

7. KP

KP Active Member

Artic Circle, Canada, what's the dif? :D

8. Flash

Flash Guest

LOL ... a few hundred kilometres, that's all. Beef is closer to the Arctic Circle than I am.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I think the weather is the only reason I won't be defecting to Canada. Couldn't take it.

It's expected to snow on the mountains by Thursday, but it's still fleece weather at lower elevations. I'm happy.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

You might like B.C., Cadet. Far more moderate temps there ... just fear of The Big One and reactionary waves from tsunamis.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Wuss.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I hope y'all (BTE, KY) who are freaking out at Beef and Flash remember that they're speaking in celsius, not fahrenheit. These aren't Antarctic temps here (-27 C does NOT = -27 F). ... Fucken Canucks, foolin' y'all. :D

And I solved the barometric-head-pressure phenomenon by doing the obvious: moving to SoCal. Only 3 seasons here to worry about: scorching (June-Aug), hot (Mar-May, Sept-Nov) and mild-to-warm (Dec-Feb).

Draft saved Draft deleted