1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crud...it's hot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So take off all your clothes ...

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I just played softball in it. Was pretty hot at the beginning, but cooled down plenty. Wasn't that bad at all. But I melted when I drove to lunch.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Most definitely, sxy. It's one of the best parts of sex.

I just like to think of all my sweat as being part of my "glow."

4. TheSportsPredictor

Why don't you come over and find out?

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

It's too damn hot to walk to your neck of the woods! :)

6. I'm melting...mellllllting....

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No joke. I'm still a little red on my shoulders after a couple of hours on the bike. On Saturday.

Worse, that was followed by a three-hour softball game the next day. Too freaking hot.

8. TheSportsPredictor

Get in your air-conditioned car!!!

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It's just after 11:30 p.m. where I am. 91 degrees, with a heat index of 98. At almost midnight.

I think it might have been Good Morning America (although it might have been another morning show) actually did a segment (as was mentioned upthread) about how it gets in a car with the windows rolled up. In addition to the news reporter, they had a paramedic there to monitor her vitals. After about 20 minutes, the idiot woman looked like she was going to pass out. Her temperature had gone up about 2 degrees and her bp was up. I changed the channel before the segment ended, so I'm not sure how hot it got.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I woke up this morning as the Weather Channel's local forecast extended outlook came on. The first words I heard this morning were "Look for fair skies on Thursday, with highs in the mid 100's."

WRONG! </lex luthor> We don't do 105 in the Mid-Atlantic.

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Must be global warming.

/obligatory sarcastic asshole on every message board ever

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! I'm coming down there, OTR, and we're going to pimp slap whoever is responsible for this.

Either that, or we're going to make all of the TV reporters sit in a van to see if it works on a group of TV people. Then we can produce the sobby stories of the newsmen and women who died doing their duty. I have dibs on using a piano-only version of "Hero" by Bette Midler as background music.

And, uh, the heat index here was close to 110, guess who the dumb ass was who tried to maintain some sense of decorum and wear jeans to NFL camp? God I'm a fucking moron. Even the PR flaks were in shorts. I guess this means if you see me at the NASCAR race this weekend, look for the fucktard in a winter coat.

Draft saved Draft deleted