1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crud...it's hot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Brutal here in northern New Hampshire. Just got back from the gym (4.5 mile run) and the bozos didn't have the common sense to turn on the AC. Interestingly, just  ate a plate of spinach and it cooled me down a bit. I feel like Popeye.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's so hot here that I live four blocks from a grocery store that has a chilled room just for beer. All kinds of good stuff. And I'm contemplating not going and buying any just so I don't have to walk the 50 feet to my car from my building.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Why don't you just hang out in the beer room?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've tried that. But it gets really freaking cold after a while, and they get angry if you just sit in the corner, drink Blue Moon and throw shit at anyone else who comes in.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I just pictured this. And it made me laugh.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Remember that line in 'Margaritaville' where he steps on a pop top?

Well, let's just say there was an incident with a shopper, flip flops, one of my Blue Moon tops and a lawsuit.

If I go to the store, I'll have to wear a hat and sunglasses. And pay in cash.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Damn. Liquor stores, Brook Jacoby's neighborhood. Where will you be banned from next?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I wish it were only a liquor store. It's the neighborhood grocery store. :(

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Raining here. For the first time all summer.

65 degrees. Like nothing I've ever felt before. Pure bliss.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Mid-90s here. I'm thinking of putting a kiddie pool in my living room.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's hotter here than the weekend of the SportsJournalists.com outing.

37C--about 100F but the humidex made it feel like 45C or about 115F.

Absolutely brutal.

Read a story this morning about a heat wave in 1936. There was a week of 100F+ weather.

Of course back then people didn't have AC (but movie houses did). 200 people in Toronto died from the heat and 400 people drowned trying to escape it.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

We'll be feeling the heat up here tomorrow. Mid-80s and humid here today, but Wednesday afternoon's supposed to be brutal. And I'll be covering late-afternoon baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted