1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap! That was...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 4, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Fraternity Vacation was my Holy Crap with Tim Robbins.

BTW - Robbins is rumored to be involved in "Keeper of the Pinstripes," here's they synopsis:
    When Henry Ruiz, a young boy in the Bronx, is caught trespassing at Yankee Stadium, he's given the chance to work off his infraction as a helper to Pete Sheehy, the clubhouse manager. What he doesn't know is that Pete died in 1985. He's a ghost. Though the current Yankees have already moved from the old stadium to the new one, the ghosts of Yankees past are staying behind, following the lead of their captain, Lou Gehrig, the Iron Horse. But Henry can see the ghosts. And he can understand Gehrig sadly too well, given his own mother's own battle with illness. It turns out that he might be the only hope for convincing the Yankee ghosts to make the move - before the wrecking balls knock down their home forever.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

...Brad Renfro in "The Client."

I had no idea.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yep, she was the baby during the "blood baptism" scene.

Also, how could I forget this one? Fans of "Deadwood" will certainly appreciate it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Same guy ... W. Earl Brown.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That fight still disturbs me.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do I even have to mention Johnny Depp as one of Freddy's victims in the original Nightmare on Elm Street or Kevin Bacon getting killed in the first Friday the 13th? Or are those too well known?

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anthony Kedis, from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, was in Point Break. He played Warchild, one of the surfers from the first gang Johnny Utah and company bust up. He was the guy who blew his foot off during the raid.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was just watching Once Upon A Time In America and it has a ton of them. Jennifer Connelly playing the child version of Deborah being most prominent.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would think they are too well known, but honestly, my friends and family get annoyed at me leaning over and whispering, "That guy played Joe Blow in Cheesy Movie X," every time we watch a movie.

I have an almost photographic memory for stuff like that. It's pretty much the most useless talent imaginable until they make "Scene it" a TV game show.

For instance, Warwick Davis, AKA "Willow" the midget played both Wicket the Ewok from Return of the Jedi and the Leprechaun in "The Leprechaun" series. I can't friggin' remember what day certain bills are due, but if you need the answer to movie midget trivia, I can help you out.

EDIT: Another good example was when my then-girlfriend punched me on the shoulder for pointing out that "Cush" in 'Jerry Maguire' was played by Jerry O'Connell, AKA, "Verne" from 'Stand By Me," in the movie theater. I was wicked romantic back in the day, making sure I pointed out every bit player in a movie and what else they've been in.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, and Killick, there's a ton in Saving Private Ryan, which is like the Seinfeld of Hollywood (ever notice that every big actor on NBC has had a guest spot on Seinfeld at some point? I'll note Daphne from 'Frasier' playing Marla The Virgin on 'Seinfeld' as exhibit 1A).

Aside from Matt Damon and Dennis Farina (Billy Batts, 'Goodfellas') in SPR, who are quite obvious, Paul Giamatti was in it, Vin Diesel as 'Caparzo', Adam Goldberg (of Dazed and Confused, which also had Joey Lauren Adams, Milla Jovovich, Matthew McConaughey and Ben Affleck), Giovanni Ribisi (Gone in 60 Seconds, Boiler Room), Tom Sizemore (who should have just hired a helicopter to shuttle him between war/action movies for a solid three- or four-year stretch), Jeremy Davies (Oppem, who later played Farraday in 'Lost' - I still pretty much hate him for the role he played in SPR), Ryan Hurst (Bertier in "Remember the Titans" was the guy who had a grenade blow up near his head and pointed the SPR crew to Ramelle), Leland Orser (pilot of the plane that went down with a general and the guy who had to use the "knife dildo" in 'Seven') and Max Martini (one of the guys in the final battle, who also is on 'The Unit' on TV) were all in that flick.

That was all from memory. Seriously, people get mad at me for pointing out shit like this when we watch a movie. I'm rather obnoxious.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If any of you addicts overpay for cable service, the Western movies channels up the higher ranges of the digital tier show 1950s Warner Bros. Western TV shows like "Cheyenne" and "Maverick" which are a treasure trove of this sort of thing. One "Maverick" episode had both Werner Klemperer and what appeared to be a 15-year old Clint Eastwood.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Speaking of Clint Eastwood, Len Lesser (Uncle Leo from Seinfeld) played one of "The Outlaw Josey Wales'" victims. (The guy who says, "We caught us the Josey Wales!" moments before Clint blasts him).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He also played one of The Riddler's henchmen in a random episode of Batman I saw on cable years ago.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Actually, not to be too much of a geek here, the character played by Kiedis was Tone.

Draft saved Draft deleted