1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap! That was...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

In the no doubt similar, so-bad-it's-good movie "Psycho Cop", the titular villain is played by none other than Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Also the hillbilly cousin girl in "Vacation."

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The janitor from scrubs was the construction worker in Major League who was was bitching about the team in the opening minutes of the movie, Neil something, IIRC.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I just don't know that Bruce Campbell has ever turned down work in the first place.
    If you ever read Campbell's book, though, (I highly recommend it; it's a fun read) you quickly realize he does a lot of bit parts in movies his friends have either starred in or directed. He and Raimi grew up together in Michigan and are good friends. Campbell has had cameos in all three Spider-man movies.
    That's why I figured, with both of them in the movie, they must have had a connection to someone in charge.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

"I'm going steady and I french kiss."
    "So everyone does that."
    "Yeah, but daddy says I am the best at it."

Creepy ass line.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It was mentioned on another thread a while back, but the janitor also played the transit cop who gets shot near the end of The Fugitive.
    Even better, that was referenced on an episode of Scrubs. The janitor (in character) was claiming to have been in The Fugitive.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

M*A*S*H has a bunch of these. One of Patrick Swayze's first acting credits was on the show, about two years before he was in The Outsiders. Andrew Dice Clay's first television appearance was on the show. Those two I remembered seeing. Rita Wilson, Peter Riegert and Pat Morita were on there, too.

The one that jumped out at me was seeing a 15-year-old Tobey Maguire in an old episode of First & 10, the HBO series from the '90s.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

M.C. Gainey (Tom the Other from "Lost") as the angry husband who, all his glory flapping in the breeze, chased Paul Giamatti to the car in Sideways.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I actually got to interview Campbell once, before Spider-Man II. He very proudly told me that he was going to defeat Spider-Man, and if you think about it, he did.

11. Jim Carrey was the rockstar who dies at the start of Clint Eastwood's "The Dead Pool" with Liam Neeson.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was in front of the janitor at a liquor store in LA last year. It was bizarre because all he was buying was a 2-liter bottle of Coke, despite the fact that we were across the street from a 7/11 and a couple other convenience stores. Just seemed weird to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted