1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

holy crap, ron wolfley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Feb 26, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i.d.'d during an nfl network interview about free agency as a "cardinals color commentator," did his thing wearing a polo shirt with an effin' cardinals logo on it. wtf? i know he's a former player, but it's still wrong.

(IF MODS WANT TO MOVE THUS TO THE JOURNALISM BOARD, BE MY GUEST)

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Different world, shockey.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Huh? He's a former Cardinals all-pro player who is now an employee of the Cardinals as their radio guy. Why the hell wouldn't he wear a Cardinals polo shirt?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I disagree. Wolfley should not be wearing a Cardinals shirt while being interviewed on TV (or anywhere, for that matter) about the Cardinals. It's unprofessional.

5. PCLoadLetter

How is it unprofessional?

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

i shake my head and weep a bit. :'( :'( :'(

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But if he played for them and is currently employed by the team, what's the big deal?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

shockey's been watching some tv today.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

EVERY day. and it should say TOO MUCH TV. ;D ;) :eek:

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The fact that he played for them is irrelevant. Fact is, in his role as analyst, he reports on what the team does on the field and what they're doing off of it. Like it or not, he's a reporter. And reporters should not wear team gear in the press box or on TV or on the radio. Simple as that.

11. PCLoadLetter

Again, he works for the team. Are you suggesting it's a conflict of interest somehow? He is a Cardinals employee. He is not, and has never even remotely pretended to be, some kind of detached viewer of the game. He is a former Cardinal player who is now on the Cardinal payroll.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

still weeping. :'( :'( :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted