1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap...an Iraqi journo throws his shoes at Bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 14, 2008.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

or a shoe to a president's press conference.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The real tragedy here is that The Daily Show is off this week and Bill Maher's season has already ended. Plus, SNL is six days away.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I just watched the BCC video. If I was the president and anything came flying at me, my initial panic thoughts would be, "I am one assassinated MF." But when his aide runs over, Bush waves him away and calmly says, "I'm alright." Then he stands grinning and telling everyone not to worry about it. He's either one cool cat or he really doesn't have anything upstairs. I would have been running toward Tehran if I was in his shoes (no pun intended).

4. I'm obviously not a big Bush guy, but I'm really pissed at that.

5. Those are some bigass thumping shoes, too.
    Cop shoes, as my father, whose father was a cop, would call them.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Lot more than that...last night was the finale til '09. (Thank goodness, since the show sucked all sorts of donkey dick)

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Very funny.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Nicely done. You're clearly a journo for the Internet age. You were first. Then you were better. Can't wait to see your next update.

:D

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I promise it will include nonsensical opinions stated loudly and with absolute certainty. :)

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What really gets me here is that the guy got a second shoe-throw off before he got leveled by the Secret Service. That thought is a little scary.

12. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Bush: "All I can report is that the size of the shoes is a 10."

Draft saved Draft deleted