1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy crap...an Iraqi journo throws his shoes at Bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

after playing a few games, i hit him 13 times at work, but i'm struggling to drill the sonuvabitch using my laptop.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I got 11 on my third try. It's my favorite number. So I'll stop there.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Talked to a Secret Service agent tonight. He said that if they had their druthers, Presidents would be "twenty feet below ground level surrounded by cubic zirconium" or would have agents literally breathing down their necks while at podiums. He went on to say that room was cased and everyone was patted down for weapons. The room was clean and no one had weapons. Finally, the agent said that the incident was quick that by the time his colleagues reacted, the writer had thrown both loafers.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

HB, did he also say that the Iraqis were in charge of that room anyway? It seemed to me the first to him were Iraqis and the SS came in late because they'd have been way further away.

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

If the president was in a hole, 20-feet deep, with little tiny fake diamonds piled up all around him/her, could he/she breathe?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He did not say which group--our Secret Service or Iraqi Presidential Guard--ran the room.

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

If a secret service agent ever showed a semblance of personality, would they be fired?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm sure a lawyer in a land where the rule of law is tenuous would make up BS like this and endanger his safety and that of his client.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jekhMlbHXKWLp1_o0YVVouYrSzug

Draft saved Draft deleted