1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy cow it's been forever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake is a writer, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Jake is a writer

Jake is a writer New Member

Hey everyone, how are ya'll?
    I used to post regularly here way back before the great split where a good chunk of regulars went off to their own forum and a number of folks here stayed around..back in 2007? I don't know. But, I just thought I'd say hey and re-introduce myself.
    I'm recently unemployed, but, that's not entirely why I'm here. Just thought I'd come by, say hey, see how things are and if anyone I remember speaking with off and on is still here! I don't know who's still around from back then even, but, I'm happy that this site is still up and there's people regularly posting stuff!! That's all. :)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Welllll, welcome back.

3. Jake is a writer

Hey thanks!! It's good to be back. I forgot how much great stuff is here. ;-)

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Things change but things also stay the same, if that makes sense. People come, people go. LOTS of good folks here. Some crazies, too, but they mean well.
    Stick around.

Jake is a writer likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Welcome back Mr. KOTTTER! I mean Jake. I can’t believe I’ve been here this long and I’m not a writer!

honestly it’s nice to hear what others from around the country have to say. (Man has the split been that long?)

6. Jake is a writer

Yeah, it's something like that? I can't really remember. This is actually a new profile of mine, my original one was Brain of J. I found some old posts from 2005 to 2007 with that name. I don't recall when the great split was, haha. But, I do remember it was a confusing time as I really loved interacting with people on both sides.

And how are you still not a writer? lol. That takes some true talent, hanging around a bunch of us for that long without ever doing it! :-D :-D

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It was 2009. Then there was a second split two years ago.

8. Jake is a writer

Ahh okay. I knew it was around then, just couldn't quite remember the date. And then another one since then? Huh. Thanks for catching me up! The world seems so different from back then. I'm reading some of my old posts and I couldn't believe how awful of writer I was, lol, but, some of the things I remember talking about seem like from a different lifetime!

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Coxsackie.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Had no idea about the second one. To each their own.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You had no idea about the Dick/YF board? Figured it was common knowledge.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remember them but don't recall knowing another board. I can only fit so many in my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted