1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy COW does my tooth hurt...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Jesus, that's an old joke.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

F that. Drink it down.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So, because jgmacg is a smart guy, I respect his posts, and he gave attribution, I just went out and bought some clove oil from the pharmacy down the street.

This is on the bottle:

"CAUTION: Avoid contact of concentrated oil with skin, eyes, mucous membranes, lips, tongue, plastic surfaces or finished furniture."

Um...I'm concerned?

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I think I'm going to be ill.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Vicodin! Yea!

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've never seen this dentist. So they wouldn't give me anything.

This clove oil has apparently not passed medical things for use in the U.S. for that purpose. It also has bad reactions with ibuprofen (oops) and can lead to more bleeding if I were to cut myself somehow.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This is from WebMD. com:

Lost crown. If the crown falls off, make an appointment to see your dentist as soon as possible and bring the crown with you. If you can't get to the dentist right away and the tooth is causing pain, use a cotton swab to apply a little clove oil to the sensitive area (clove oil can be purchased at your local drug store or in the spice aisle of your grocery store).

as is this:

Lost filling. As a temporary measure, stick a piece of sugarless gum into the cavity (sugar-filled gum will cause pain) or use an over-the-counter dental cement. See your dentist as soon as possible.

The warning on the bottle is there because it's a concentrated spice oil - like cinnamon oil - and is pretty hot, so would inflame your tender inflammables if slopped around.

Just a little on a Q-Tip pressed right onto the hole in your toof should suffice.

And then you can mull some wine!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A little yayo on the gums makes it go numb.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I applied it as jgmacg said, with a Q-tip in the opening. My right side of my mouth went numb within 30 seconds. It's magic. But it does taste like shit when you actually swallow.

I have noticed that drinking makes it fade. I waited 10 minutes, and it's already fading just from two swallows of Mike's Hard Lemonade.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry, but the image of this made me laugh really, really hard.

Feel better Drooley McDrools a lot IJAG!

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Keep dabbin'! It wears off when you rinse your mouth.

So just think of it a Mike's Special Edition Very Poorly Spiced Hard Lemonade.

12. beanpole

beanpole Member

I'm duly impressed with jgmacq.

Draft saved Draft deleted