1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy AFC East - Broncos trade Marshall to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fine if you are Miami trading for Marshall, but it still doesn't change the fact that you have Chad Henne throwing to him; Dan Marino isn't walking through those doors. Truth be told, I thought they would be the frontrunners for McNabb;

No way, NO WAY does Denver draft Dez; That would seal the end for Josh if that happens, and it blows up. You have a revolving door at QB with Orton, Quinn, Simms, anyone else who wants to go to Dove Valley and try out. Shanahan has to be laughing his ass off all the while.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Chad Henne has as many rings as Marino.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

If so, I would really, really, really, really like Dez to be a Bronco.

4. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

I'm sure Wonderboy's licking his chops to draft Bryant in that spot. Look at last year -- Denver needed defense and spends its first pick on Moreno. Now, I think Knowshon will turn out just fine, but that just felt to me like McDaniels wanting to prove he's smarter than everyone else. But, if you look at it, Denver was 20th last season in scoring and just shipped off a top-level receiver. If he drafts Bryant, he has to pray the kid fills Marshall's void, which he likely won't.

I have a strange feeling this season's gonna suck.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Hope the kid fills Marshall's void? He's got to freakin' pray that Dez will just show up for the games, muchless practice and weight lifting.

And a strange feeling? Oh, it's going to suck. Hugely. This organization is on the fast track to being the Raiders and Chiefs. That sellout streak might be in jeopardy. Check that. It IS in jeopardy.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Exactly. If someone told me a year ago that a team in the AFC West had:

a. traded away their franchise QB
    b. traded away one of the best WRs in the league
    c. fucked away their 2009 draft picks
    d. fired the best defensive coordinator the team had enjoyed in years

I would have said, "I love that the Broncos get to play the Raiders twice a year." Orton to Gaffney. Fuck. Cabbage Patch Kid to American Girl sounds more menacing.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

None of it matters unless/until the Dolphins get a real coach.

8. mb

mb Active Member

You know, if Josh McDaniels *really* wanted a team with no talent, he could have just fucking taken the Lions job instead of taking the Denver job and chasing off everybody on offense worth a shit.

Fuck. At this point just send Champ Bailey to whoever the fuck needs a cornerback and be done with it. Maybe you can get another second rounder or two to piss away.

I was with him on the Cutler deal. Didn't like it, but was OK with it. But to then deal what became a mid-first-rounder for a 2nd-rounder that he used on a 5-foot-fucking-2 cornerback that never saw the field? And now Marshall for 2 more 2nd-rounders?

All the ego of Belichick with 1/1000000000 of the success.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit about the Broncos one way or the other, but that's a great line. :)

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the rebuilding of the Broncos' receiving corps has begun.

Mort is reporting that Denver has traded the 2010 second round pick they got for Marshall to Chicago for the rights to Jeff Samardzija.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, McDamage traded the No. 11 overall pick for Samardzija.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

BWAA-HAA-HAA!!!!!

Isn't he still under contract with the Cubs?

Draft saved Draft deleted