1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy AFC East - Broncos trade Marshall to Dolphins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 14, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The Dolphins just got a little scarier.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

And don't forget about the Patriots, who locked down .... Alge Crumpler. Ugh.
  3. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

So will they finally admit Ted Ginn was not a good top 10 pick?
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And the deconstruction of a once-proud franchise continues. And if Dez Bryant comes to town, well, what's the point? McDaniels definitely is back on the hot seat if he doesn't produce this season. Runs out the starting quarterback and a league top five receiver. Incredible.
  5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know what one thing has to do with the other. They should compliment each other. Brandon as the deep threat and Ginn in the slot. Just another option for an exciting offense. Henne and Marshall could be an interesting duo.
  6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Dolphins supposedly were shopping Ginn on Tuesday.
  7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Ginn was drafted with the intention of being their No. 1. I think moving to the slot will help him and Henne. I just think it's funny that they spent a top 10 pick on a slot receiver.
  8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Interesting. Seems like he would be a good playmaker to have along side Marshall, who will likely draw some double coverage. Sporano loves his playmakers.
  9. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

What plays does Ginn make? He has five TD catches in three years. Davone Bess AND Brian Hartline had better numbers than him last year.
  10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Ginn will be the No. 4 wide out (if he stays) behind Marshall, Bess, Camarillo/Hartline.
    Now Ginn can just return kicks and punts, the only thing he has shown that he can do well.
    It's a bold move for Parcells/Ireland and shows they know they were falling behind the Pats and Jets.
    PS: Resign Jason Taylor ASAP, the idea of him in green makes me sick.
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The willingness of some owners to turn over the whole thing to the tin-hat dictators who pass for coaches these days is amazing. Brandon Marshall isn't nice to little Josh so he's gone?

Yes, yes, I know, Marshall is a major head case. So what. He's the difference in 3-4 wins a year at least. Coaches used to have to deal with that. Now they look for guys who won't challenge them.
  12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Punt returns, reverses, screens,those type of plays. I didn't mean 15-yard post routes. If you want a possession receiver go somewhere else.
Draft saved Draft deleted