1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy 14-over-par Batman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, May 31, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

FYI, perusal and digestion, here's Rule 88, straight from the LPGA...

>>LPGA regulation regarding a non-member shooting 88 or higher in an official LPGA event

The consequences for a non-member shooting 88 or higher in an official LPGA event are:
    a. withdrawal from the event; and
    b. rejection of that person’s entry for any LPGA co-sponsored tournament during the remainder of that calendar year.<<

I now return things to the less-than-tender mercies of this thread.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The story said the rule applied to non-LPGA Tour members.
    I think it was weak of her to do that, but I'm sure she was protecting her investments and sponsors....
    I also think she's dangerously close to becoming a sideshow instead of a legit golfer, and she needs to realize it.

3. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

The one thing I'd say to Michelle Wie is this: dominate the LPGA like Sorenstam and now Ochoa and then try to go play in the PGA. Don't put the cart before the horse. She has time, but she needs to realize that the Nike deal doesn't mean that she has arrived, rather, it was given on potential, which is all she has shown. She's gotten far too much ink considering what little she has actually done.

And yes, I can shoot better than an 88.

4. joe

joe Active Member

I'd give Jones' left nut to shoot 14 over for 18.

5. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

The kid (or her father) brought this on herself. She has won nothing thus far on the LPGA Tour and hasn't been anything within a $40 cab ride of being competitive on the PGA Tour. This partial score just in on her pro career:

Style 1
    Substance 0

Next up in the Cusinart for overhyped, distaff disappointments: Patrick, Danica.

The line forms here. Go get 'er, boys.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Does he have it left? I mean EVERYONE offers that...

7. joe

joe Active Member

But I mean it.

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Maybe ESPN the Mag could come out with a "FRAUD" issues for all of their "NEXT" athletes who shit the bed and never turn into the second coming.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

After Wie bogeyed the par-4 seventh, the 17-year-old star from Hawaii told an LPGA Tour official: "We're not going to play anymore."

Looks like she's got a little stoob in her...

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

anyone actually think the LPGA would ban Wie for the year if she did shoot an 88? Every sponsor on the tour would give her a sponsor's exemption to get in so they could get the money her appearance would generate in attendance.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Except for the fact she would be barred, by rule, from playing, you're dead on.

And, FWIW, she'd have been a little better off had she not hit one off a parked car and then had the ball go down a drain.

And, no, I'm not exaggerating.

12. They probably told her to act hurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted