1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holy 14-over-par Batman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, May 31, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Didn't see this posted yet. Michelle Wie shoots 14-over-par and withdraws before her round is over. But she said it wasn't to avoid shooting over 88 and losing the right to play in LPGA events. Sure it wasn't.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/golf/4851760.html

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

And that's on an LPGA course setup. That would be about 25-over on a PGA Tour course setup. I sure hopes she sticks to facing her own gender for awhile, because until she proves she can win there, she's going to embarrass herself against men. I know she's hurt and is just coming back from a long layoff, but still, 14-over sucks.

3. TwoGloves

That's a typical round for me, not Nike's $10-million Golden Child.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What the %$#*&@# kind of rule is that? Never heard of it before.

Even if there was some reasoning to it . . . obviously the way around it is to withdraw before you get to 88.

Go over 88 and you are banned . . . or get sent back in time.

[​IMG]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My first thought was: Hmmm,who on my fantasy team screwed up today

6. TwoGloves

Phil Mickelson?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

She stopped short of shooting her age ...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope.. wasnt that unfortunate... think I had furyk and a reasonably priced logo clod..

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She's intent on taking FRAUD to new levels in 2007.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When's she playing against the men again?
    [​IMG]

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Instant gratification, jealousy and sexism. That's all this thread is. You people are expecting way too much from her, she is only 17 for God's sake. I mean 14-over is better than most of you can do. It just isn't fair to judge her yet. Wait until she starts playing on the LPGA tour regularly and she'll dominate it by the time she is 20. She is easily one of the five best women's golfers on the planet already, so why not let her live her dream......

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

If she never played another round of golf in her life, I wouldn't be saddened. Of course, if that happens, we'll be subjected to about 1,542 stories about her not ever playing another round of golf.

It's a lose-lose situation, folks. I just wish she'd go away. Now.

Draft saved Draft deleted