1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holocaust love story memoir pulled from publication.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12302008/news/regionalnews/fury_at_dads_big_lie_146524.htm

I don't understand why publishers continue to get taken in by fake memoirs. ABCNews.com has a list of about a dozen fakes published or nearly published in the last two years.
    I've got to think selling a book as a "memoir" is an easier way to get on talk shows since most shows (radio and TV) don't book fiction writers, but this really makes reading any book labeled as a memoir tough to swallow. I know that as much as I enjoyed "The Tender Bar", I had a hard time buying all of it. Maybe they can start selling memoirs as "reflections" and avoid the subsequent bad press.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

"Reflections" might be a great way to describe some of the posts here regarding back doors, HR reps and the like.

Draft saved Draft deleted