1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hollywood Hall of Fame: Actor's Division

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Apr 22, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Women aren't funny can't act.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Gee, somehow you managed to leave off the role that earned him the Oscar and the three that were nominated for Oscars.

I suppose you're also wondering if the people listing Tom Hanks are basing it on "Bosom Buddies" and "The Money Pit."

Penn is absolutely top 5 of his era.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh shit, now you've done it.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I was going to put Annette Bening on the list, but I didn't know who I'd bump off.

Name one young actress worthy of the list, and I'll put her on.

5. Make enough movies you are bound to make some winners.
    The guy is a good actor, but a HOF'er? Totally. Totally disagree.

Bosom Buddies was a TV series. And a good one.

6. Geena Davis?
    Julia Roberts?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If this were being done in the 1980s, GBNF would have had Joseph Bologna on the list but not Meryl Streep or Susan Sarandon.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Cate Blanchett.

Maybe Hilary Swank.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Geena Davis was pretty good in her prime, but she hasn't had a good movie in years and years...

Julia Roberts is a tough one for me. I loved her in Pretty Woman and I hear she was good in Erin Brockovich (though I haven't seen it), but she just doesn't have a big enough range of work or roles for me to include her.

Annette Bening, yes.
    Roberts, no.
    Davis, no way in hell - even though a League of Their Own is one of my 10 favorite movies.

Someone said Susan Sarandon, and I'd say yes, but I thought she was a little old for the list. If not, she's definitely on. Meryl Streep, too, if possible.

Then again, I think Juliette Lewis is one of the most talented actors in our generation, and she's done some BAAAAAD movies.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Done on Hilary Swank. Good pull.

Blanchett, too - but I would never have thought of her. I just don't like her very much.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Julia Roberts isn't a great actress, but she's most definitely as big a "star" as anyone in her generation (partly for her looks, partly for her like-ability). If Cate Blanchett is the Katharine Hepburn of her era, Roberts is the Grace Kelly.

Draft saved Draft deleted