1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holiday travel thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Glad to oblige.

Slainte!

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Ugh. I'm not jealous of your drive. Good luck, tomas. (and hey, if you come another 60 or so miles north, I'll buy you a beer!)

Luckily, my flight didn't get delayed today, although our plane was a bit late getting into Phoenix from San Antonio to take us to Seattle. We left 15 minutes late and made it up in the air.

Breaking through the cloud cover into Seattle was a sight -- I've never flown into Seattle with snow on the ground before (stupid camera dying yesterday!). Beautiful.

Now I just have to worry about next week's travel, since I'm heading to the midwest immediately after Christmas. SEA --> IND, though MCI (Kansas City). I hope that airport doesn't totally suck -- amenities-wise and weather-wise, since it was either MCI, Denver or Chicago for my layover.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

As a former employee of your favorite airline, nice use of the city codes.

I am not traveling anywhere during the holidays, except the 17 miles one way to get to work which, with the roads the way they are, is treacherous enough for me.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I heart WN. ;)

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Completely natural, I assure you.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I regret to inform you that KCI is seven kinds of suck. Flying through Mexico City would be more enjoyable.

The airport was designed with security screening stations that service a small block of gates, like 4 or 5 each. If you want anything remotely resembling hot food to eat, you have to leave the secured area to get it and rescreen to get back in.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Dammit! There's probably no wi-fi there, either, free or for money. Goody.

Welp, I'll charge the iPod, bring a book and DVD set and pack some snacks. At least I know ahead of time.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ladies and Gentlemen, your attention please.

IJAG is on de plane.

9. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And the boys of the NYPD, they cried!

And the bells were ringing out, on Christmas day.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nice work, even though that company screwed me in every way they possibly could.

12. Sly

Sly Active Member

Wi-Fi is free at MCI and while the security setup is ridiculous, it's probably the easiest airport — from parking your car to getting to the gate — in the entire country.

Draft saved Draft deleted