1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holiday gift idea: I know NOTHING about women's shoes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Dec 11, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Went shopping with the Mrs. yesterday and she mentioned she would like a pair of Uggs for Christmas.

Now, I know these are some fancy-type boot that are really expensive...and I checked to see that I can buy them online from Uggs themself, but what stores sell them? I want to go venture out tomorrow and find a pair she might like (hopefully under 2 Benjis).

She's not one of those "I NEED THESE" type of women, she's very laid back actually (her stocking stuffers will be chocolate, lottery tickets and an orange), so is there anything kind of like Uggs that I could look for that she would like as well and what are the best stores to find those as well?

I just figured she could use a good pair of boots since it's winter and she walks a lot during work from building to building on the college campus she works at.

I just want to get to the store tomorrow and not be a total sucker for some soul-sucking shoe salesman to leech cash off of.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Holday gift idea: I know NOTHING about women's shoes

Divorce her. Now. :D

3. spikechiquet

But then I would be poor! It's her money I'm spending! LOL

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She should divorce him. An orange as a stocking stuffer? Hell, why not a vacuum?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I seriously doubt ANY woman who would want Uggs. I doubly doubt any who would want them 5 years after they were the "must-have" ugly fad of the year.

6. spikechiquet

That's a long-standing tradition in my family...but thanks for shitting on it! :D

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I went through this with Uggs last year (what's outdated to a college girl sometimes takes awhile to reach the burbs). If your wife just needs a pair of boots and isn't so into the brand name, Target sells a pretty good knockoff.

8. dooley_womack1

My family tradition was an orange peel. I'm just bitter, is all.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sometimes in life, you just need a pair of ugly boots that will make you wonder why you waited so long.

Most department stores and women's shoe stores carry them. There are a few Ugg stores in major cities. The website has the best selection. They now have fancy Uggs with glitter and shiny stuff, in neon colors...they are really hideous. The basic Ugg is the Classic, like these:

[​IMG]

They come in a lot of colors and heights. Buy slightly smaller than she usually wears because the fuzzy sheepskin inside crushes around the foot to make them snugly after a few wearings. No socks necessary.

As for knock-offs....tons of those out there. Just saw some great ones for $45 at Costco. Everyone makes them, but they're never as warm and dry as the real ones.

And btw, they also make amazing gloves. And men's boots as well.

And ps, if you find what you like in the store, buy from Zappos (or another website) and pay no tax or shipping!

10. dooley_womack1

And that's a nice holday gift idea. But what about a holiday gift idea?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's impossible to look sexy when it's -25--Fahrenheit or Celsius It's not going to happen.

Uggs rock. The classic one that 21 showed are still the best.

12. spikechiquet

I'm going to shit in your cereal punk! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted