1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holiday deadlines

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Holy Effin Shit!

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Holy Effin Shit! you're glad you're done tonight?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Goddamn right. For 22 pages (on the most fucked-up operating system ever created), I couldn't have been more efficient in my turbo-charged state but was 30 minutes late. That's without being lazy, too, as in not just running a big-ass photo over 4 columns or one big-ass story. I craft pages with a story and brief packages and don't do them sloppy. Takes time to scan the wire to pick stories you think are interesting enough. Then you have to do all the photoshop stuff. ... Just a lot of energy goes into one page, on top of trying to steer reporters to deadline, then reading their stuff.

Blah blah.

But yeah, Holy Effin Shit!

4. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

8 p.m. central. Agate page was gone by 6 p.m.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Ours was 9:30. Me and my boss through some UK features, a UT feature and a back story about T.O. on the page (we only had two pages and this was the first day in over a month that we haven't had something local on the pages) and sent it at 4. I have no time left to work on the clock until Friday.

Draft saved Draft deleted