1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hole in the walls, New Orleans style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Best food I've ever had in New Orleans is the crawfish bread at Jazz Fest, which is made by PanAroma Foods out of Marksville, La.

[​IMG]

Those are the only two places you can get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy crap that looks amazing.

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Pascal's Manale on Napoleon Street (or Road or Avenue or Boulevard) is spectacularly good for BBQ shrimp and for a crabmeat and scallop sauce on pasta.

Take a cab from the French Quarter to get there. You will be glad you did. Oh, and have reservations if you are going on the weekend...

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Congrats on your wedding! I'm guessing the Dungeon is probably out but a drink at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop is always appropriate. There was also a great little breakfast place in a nonbusy corner of the quarter called Croissant D'Or.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Your friend knows a thing or two.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Told you. She lives here, but is in NO more than she's here, I joke.

Or at least I think it's a joke.

7. I'm also partial to Cooter Brown's for the beer selection more than the food.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Arnaud's bar is better than the restaurant.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

We ate at neat little restaurant this past Sunday called O'Henry's. It's way Uptown, a block up from the intersection of St. Charles and Carrollton. Also, I'll second both the beer selection and the sandwiches at Cooter Browns, which is in the same area.

Normally, you could take the streetcar up to that neighborhood, but they're doing repairs to the tracks on the upper end of St. Charles, so a taxi will have to suffice.

If you go to Jazz Fest, I recommend the duck, pheasant and andouille gumbo from Prejean's, which is conveniently located next to the Natchitoches meat pies that are out of this world. Try the crawfish pie, you'll thank me later. The raspberry iced tea goes down real good with that.

While on the subject of Jazz Fest, go easy on the beer and drink plenty of water. It was brutally hot out there Sunday.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Lord. By chance do you weigh 783 pounds?

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There's an Applebee's at 4005 General DeGaulle.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

As I understand it, JackReacher diets by not eating crabcake sandwiches.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted