1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockeytown vs the Centre of the Hockey Universe in 2013. God help us all.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 9, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The debate about the three Leafs goalies who should play in the ALUMNI game should start around September..

My choices: Eddie Belfour, Curtis Joseph and Felix Potvin. Eddie will the other two that "I'm the fucking starter in this game".

However, they should get 80 something year old Johnny Bower to slap on his old horse hair stufffed pads and come into the warm -up. :)

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Jr, I've heard some rumblings about a possibility of two alumni games. Not sure how serious it is though.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's it exactly. But I feel shame for forgetting that the Greyhounds also border Michigan. :-[

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Eddie might say that to the other two. That's when Potvin will beat the living shit out of him.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I'd be all for Kitchener instead of London :coffee:

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

But the Hounds border only the Upper Peninsula...that's not "really" Michigan [/blue font]

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've never been there, but it's the part of Michigan I like best. :)

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

They don't call it "God's Country" for nuthin'!

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've only been in the UP in the winter traveling to the Soo from Saginaw or Windsor. Would love to go there in the summer. Would also have to squeeze in a visit to Spike's in Grayling.

Draft saved Draft deleted