1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey writer, Naples (Fla.) Daily News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Guybehindtheguy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. powerplay

powerplay Member

It was NASCAR Night at Saturday's game. Imagine what that crowd must have looked like.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm glad the paper has addressed the cocaine issue involving one of the Everblades players. Not only that, the story was well done considering both the unavailability of the player in question and all the other things Andy Kent was doing on Friday.

BTW, I'm not Andy Kent -- but you can still thank me for stopping by anyway. :D

3. powerplay

powerplay Member

Another example of how tighyly wound the fans are down there? Some of them are ripping a local police officer who just happened to be the 2,000,000th fan to walk through the doors because he's not a season ticket holder.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/feb/10/cape_coral_police_officer_blades_2_millionth_fan/?everblades

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, powerplay, he can't be a season-ticket holder -- he has a real job and actually drives himself around town, unlike 99 percent of Naples' population.

5. powerplay

powerplay Member

My point exactly. Out-of-touch-with-reality fans, so it can't be easy to try to talk common sense with them.

6. powerplay

powerplay Member

7. wow, after reading that blog, there's no way I would put up with that crap. Good to see Andy firing back at the morons, though.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Will the successful applicant be taking over this season or is Andy staying till the end of the playoffs?

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Actually, it sounds like the complete moronic obsession displayed by many colllege and pro teams who witness great success. In the ECHL, that's fucking disturbing. In the game of "Sports life with completely obsessed, disturbed fans", that's the way it is.

10. WSKY

WSKY Member

The ECHL is a weird league for sure, but its teams have some pretty big followings. But when you only have one show in town, that's what you get.

11. jshecket

jshecket Member

Mr. Hardwig said they need a writer ASAP.

12. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

One show in town? This part of SW Florida is a veritable smorgasbord of minor-league sports - baseball, arena football (two teams!) and a D-League outfit that's, ahem, "on hiatus" - in addition to the big dog (blades).

Draft saved Draft deleted