1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey Poll: New Year's Day Winter Classic at Fenway: the Flyers vs the Bruins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 31, 2009.

?

Will you be watching?

1. Yup

34 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Nope

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. May flip back and forth between this and football

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Don't care, it's hockey

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Bad idea. Penn State is truly the middle of nowhere, and you're screwing fans of two franchises that are very well supported.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, wasn't it a couple of years ago where there was a major rain delay and the groundskeepers had troubles with the tarp, and the players from the Phillies (and the other team that I can't remember right now) both ran onto the field to help the workers?

Still, I get your point. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game, even though I'm not a fan of either team.

And a Winter Classic site suggestion: Lambeau Field, with the Blackhawks playing the Wild (or Red Wings).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Definitely watching. College football has screwed up things with only five bowl games on New Year's Day -- the same number as on New Year's Eve.

Winter Classic in the morning, then the Rose Bowl, which, as a SoCal native, I never miss.

Going to be in the upper 30s and sunny here tomorrow. Weather is very fickle in the winter here. If it comes to Colorado, go to Vail where it will definitely be cold enough.

4. mb

mb Active Member

I may be imagining things, but isn't it all but done that next year there will be an American one and a Canadian one? And that the American one will be New York and Washington? I'm guessing in Yankee Stadium.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bowl game at Yankee Stadium.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Oh, yeah. Well that might put a damper on things.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I doubt there'll ever be a Canadian team.

They'd fuck up the US ratings because as Al Capone once said, "I don't even know what street Canada is on"

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

They should have a separate Canadian game and make it part of Hockey Day in Canada in February.

9. mb

mb Active Member

Like I said, I could be imagining things, but I thought there was a groundswell for a 2nd game that would feature Canadian teams.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

It would be nice. We only invented the fucking game and started the league, after all.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And until hockey ends, I will have no social life at all.

12. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Double J,
    this is not supposed to be an outing, and if this comes across as an insult then I apologize in advance, but I am becoming convinced that you are Brian MacFarlane.

Draft saved Draft deleted