1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey Poll: New Year's Day Winter Classic at Fenway: the Flyers vs the Bruins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 31, 2009.

?

Will you be watching?

1. Yup

34 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Nope

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. May flip back and forth between this and football

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. Don't care, it's hockey

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Oh, I'll be watching. I have to buy an antenna for my new computer, but I'll be watching it in HD :D

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Definitely watching. This may be the most clever thing the NHL has done in a long time...of course, they will screw it up and have the game in Tampa in three years.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'll be watching. It's a great novelty event. I'll watch a little of the bowl games, but the hockey game will be my main event.

Here's hoping the NHL doesn't fuck things up by making this a more-than once a year thing.

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I think this is going to be the coolest venue yet for this event.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Martin St. Louis gets ready to fires a shot for the Lightning in the first ever outdoor hockey game in Florida....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll probably tune in for a bit, but I really can't stand either of the teams involved.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know it's only regular-season college hoops, but there's a monster West Virginia-Purdue game tomorrow at 2:30. I'll probably flip between the hockey and that game.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I actually like the Bruins. Too bad Milan Lucic isn't playing because he is The Man.

I've hated the Flyers since their Broad Street Bully days---they fucked up good hockey for a decade.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

They didn't do it alone. They were just the best purveyors of it.

If anything, they followed the lead of the Big, Bad Bruins and supplanted them in the process. You can trace it from the 1969 playoffs - the first round, in fact.

10. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Life-long Bruins fan. I will definitely be watching.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Absolutely impossible to get an outdoor rink ready if there's a football game there around Christmas. The Fenway rink has been built up for more than a month. The NHL takes no chances for its signature game.

Yankee Stadium won't be considered until that bowl contract is up.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And yes, I will be watching. One of the great events in sports today.

Draft saved Draft deleted