1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey player kicked off team for refusing to sign flag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kritter47, Dec 18, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Even though I never voted Conservative, I kinda admired Davis. Was the ultimate deal maker and behind the scenes guy. Never used his sledge hammer (hello, Mike Harris) to get his legislation through even though they had majority govenment after majority government.

Unlike the WORST.PREMIER.EVER, Davis actually knew what democracy entailed.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

If anybody ever wanted to debate the merits of past and present holders of the position of U.S. Secretary of Education, your window has opened.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed. :)

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

I've always wondered about the plural of Newf: Newfs or Newves?

YHS, etc

5. Newfi.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Fort Mackers.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Pierre Berton is a hell of an historian.

8. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bastard,

No, the English plural. Newfi: You are surely confusing it with stulti insulae.

Servus vercundus sum, et cetera

9. Kable

Kable Member

Me too. I love my country, but I hate it when people try to force patriotism down my throat. Everyone has free will.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mega d_b, but I didn't see this update anywhere:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2006/12/20/2896268-cp.html

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Because there are plenty of people in sports who have to convince themselves that what they're doing is more important than anything else going on anywhere. Witness all the "you never played the game, you wouldn't understand" rationalizations and ubiquitous war references in situations that are anything but life-threatening.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Excellent answer, Owlie. Oddly, I read your first sentence three times and couldn't help but insert 'sports writers' where you have 'people in sports.'
    No offence to my good friends still in the business, but we do kind of have to stay grounded in reality, don't we?

Draft saved Draft deleted