1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey Canada invites 46 to Orientation Camp for Vancouver Olympics.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 2, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hate to drag this over here from the other thread, but is there any way this situation gets resolved with everyone saving some face, or are people going to look bad now no matter what happens?

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I think Heatley is going to look bad no matter what happens. The Sens I think will be given a free pass by the rest of the league, much the same way when the gap-toothed wonder demanded his way out of Edmonton after the Cup run in 2006.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dreger, in this case, played the ignorant slut.

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

Nope. Heatley reputation has taken a major hit, Ottawa looks foolish for giving him that kind of power. Spezza's no trade clause vested yesterday.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I realize we are deeper than any other country in the world at goaltending, but what the fuck does Chris Osgood have to do?

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Be better than the other five on the list, AMac.

Seriously, who goes? Maybe - MAYBE - Mason, but even that's a stretch. No way Chris Osgood - titles or no - is better than any of the other four.

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Oh ... three Stanley Cups doesn't qualify him. OK.

46 players invited, five goalies. Make it a round number at six.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's a crowded house as is. Why make a bigger mess of what is already going to be some quality goalies going home?

I'm not discrediting Chris Osgood, AMac and pointing out his championships doesn't tell me enough about how good he is. He's not as good as those number of titles, and how bad is it that Wings management had to shame him to round into form at one point last season?

There are clearly four goalies ahead of him on that chart, and I think most of your good country's citizens will agree with that point.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

And Steve Yzerman would have seen first hand how badly Osgood played during the regular season last year.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, there's your answer right there, isn't it? If Steve Yzerman doesn't think he's good enough to be there, it's a pretty safe bet that HE AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THERE.

Honestly, it's like suggesting Charlie Hodge. Hey, he won Cups and two Vezinas.

11. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Place of birth.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Everyone else listed they have place where they are playing.

Draft saved Draft deleted