1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey Canada invites 46 to Orientation Camp for Vancouver Olympics.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jul 2, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow, you look at the list and you figure Canada could probsbly field two teams at the games.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/659710

All three Staal brothers were invited. How cool would that be if they all made it.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Would have been fun for me if Stamkos had been invited, but even though he had seven goals at the Worlds earlier this year, he's probably still a little young.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

And that piece of crap Heatley gets an invite. Not that I'm surprised. More disappointed because of recent events.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yeah. In light of that, wouldn't it make it unlikely he makes the team?

Sure doesn't seem like it would be good for chemistry to me.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Stamkos is a little young yet. If the NHL stays involved in the Olympic games he'll get his shot in the future. He's had one solid half season so far and with so many deserving players it would be tough to include him.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

On TSN last night, Dregger and Mackenzie were almost trying to make the Senators look like the bad guys, saying Heatley felt like he was being forced to go to Edmonton when he thought there was interest from San Jose, L.A., and New York.

Well I'm sure the Senators wouldn't have doggedly went through the motions with Edmonton if a) Heatley hadn't reportedly indicated he would accept a trade to Edmonton, even if they weren't part of his orginal list, and b) if L.A., San Jose and New York were offering anything worthwhile.

The more I think about it the more I despise him.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Hack,

My thoughts exactly. I still think Stamkos can have a chance to play his way in. Heatley shouldn't be there. I don't know that you'll ever win anything with him. (And I know coaches who've had him who'll vouch for that.) Andy MacDonald, Derek Roy and Dan Cleary ... as much as I like the latter as a guy and a story, I don't see how they get a sniff.

o-<

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Good to see my boy Brent Burns get a look.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Jay Bouwmeester (Edmonton)

Did I miss something? when did this happen?

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Between Burns, Green and Phaneuf, I think we may see Pierre McGuires head actually explode.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Beef,

Dreger was pro-Heatley, but McKenzie took Ottawa's side. They were just like Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It was late when I watched after a long, frustrating shift, I couldn't remember who had who's side just that they were both involved.

Draft saved Draft deleted