1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hockey blogger/freelance writer canned for being a creep

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 1, 2014.

1. http://deadspin.com/hockey-blogger-fired-for-being-a-serial-creep-to-women-1665117935

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Deadspin should hire him. They like the dick pics.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yes, his mix of misogyny/misanthropy would be a great fit at Deadspin.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was thinking I'd heard this story before, but the "DISREGARD IT" guy was someone else:

https://twitter.com/jnmcrms/status/500311803591536640

5. 3_Octave_Fart

The line "Permit me to ask another stupid question" before he ham-handedly made the proposition to take the nudes ... made me squirm.

6. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Guessing this kid wasn't held very accountable by his employers. How does someone get away with this type of behavior for so long? Surprised someone hasn't been sued yet.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Which might be just the reaction he was trying to get from the ladies.

8. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Well, it IS kinda difficult to meet women when you're "reporting" from your parents' basement ... :)

9. 3_Octave_Fart

This dude actually used a ploy of wanting to test out a new camera in order to obtain the nudes.
    I've seen some awful attempts to pick up women but that is rich.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

About 15 years ago I worked with a guy who didn't strike anybody as the type to have any success with women. One day he went up to two women in the office - both hot - and told them he had a side job as a product consultant with La Senza (a Canadian Victoria's Secret-type store). He had like 10 pairs of women's underwear and asked the girls to take the underwear home, wear them, then bring them back the next day. Anyway, they said something to the effect of "Go fuck yourself" and went to HR, and the dude was done.

There was a rumour he insisted they come back unlaundered, but I really want to believe that's not true.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted