1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hoarders

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 18, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Fantastic new show that debuted on A&E last night.

We met a white trash family where the dad couldn't get rid of anything, and mom was a white trash shopaholic. The hallway was the hamper, and cheerios were piled on the floor, well, just because. There was a chance they were going to take the kids away.

When help came, the dad was visibly sick at having to throw away an old toy car missing a tire, old cassettes, etc.

The other story was Bubblers mother, apparently, in Wisconsin. She hoarded food, no matter how rotten. The highlight was when the cleaners shoveled away a rotten pumpkin from the kitchen, and she was picking seeds from the rotted carcass.

The show had so much crazeee - and the people were so messed up, it made for perfect tv.

Yay, Hoarders!

http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this show, but my mother-in-law should be on it. My in law's house is huge and all their kids are long gone on their own, but she has turned every square inch of their house into a junk pile. Ancient newspapers full of articles she'll never get around to reading, flyers for sales at stores that no longer exist, old clothes, broken dishes, busted computers, I could go on and on. My wife told me there is a pool table in their basement that has been buried in junk. I told her that all that paper and shit will make that place go up like a Roman candle if there is ever a fire.

I won't go there because all the dust is murder on my allergies and my son is bummed because he can't go for weekend sleepovers because there is nowhere for him to sleep.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think it debuted last night because I saw it a week ago.

It was pretty interesting. But not as interesting as the story about the 1,000 pound woman.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My wife suggests that we should get my mom on that show.

Mom grew up poor, so she frequently buys things, like clothes, that sit in a pile for years and she never wears.

Around 1996, I was over at her house and got hungry, so I figured I'd open a can of Spaghetios for dinner. I opened it up, and the insides were all rotten. I checked the date. The expiration date was 1984.

Needless to say, I lost my appetite.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It sounds like a less-awesome version of Clean House.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Bump. I just watched a couple of episodes tonight. Good G-d.

7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm just watching the one now with the woman that had the dead cats in her house. This show is really hard to watch, however it always motivates me to throw something....anything....away after I watch it.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Oddly, I was cleaning up some stuff from my desk while watching.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It's not a great show, it is THE most disgusting, sickening, depressing (okay, maybe not most depressing, Intervention is probably worse) show on TV ever.

Someone needs to slap the shit out of these people and tell them to stop living like that. Fucking gross.

Rewarding these people by making them into celebrities by putting them on TV is terrible.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I don't know if anyone wants to be famous because they live in piles of shit. I kinda think everyone of them would rather not be on tv, and still be living with their dead cats.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Except that this show is the perfect definition of mayhem and foolishness. :D

This show is must-see TV for me. I DVR it every week. The one with the cats was heartbreaking, since the woman was just trying to help. She obviously has a sickness but I felt terrible for everyone involved.

There was another one on just a couple of weeks ago that was awful, the one where the woman had to tie herself in at night to keep from drowning in the trash. She didn't have running water, so there as four feet of used adult diapers piled up in the bathroom. When they finally cleaned it all out all of her waste had ate through the floor.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

My wife pointed this show out to me last night.

She, too, says the show compels her to do some housecleaning after watching it.

Draft saved Draft deleted