1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOA President goes ape#$%$ on reporter -- audio posted of rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The reporter in the phone call was very remiss in not liberally using the response of "uh huh sure" to Emperor HOA Dicksucker's torrent of threats.

And tell him, "Oh don't you worry, you will be hearing from our 'legal department' in due time, but at a time and venue of OUR choosing."

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The reporter should have asked to verify the spelling of the guy's name while they were on the call.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There are many like that where I live, but that is why you do a lot of investigating before you buy.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My favorite part was the reporter acting so calm and the HOA guy saying he didn't like his attitude.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Perfect time for the response, "mmm-hmmm, yep."

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This guy thinks by adding "therein" at the end of a sentence, it makes him a lawyer.

Funnier was the reporter's total boredom with the entire phone call.

7. And trash and snow removal and road maintenance.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or painting your house pink? Seriously.

9. Municipalities do that, too.

10. Yes, but most HOA - at least in my neck of the woods - are not located in municipalities. They are built outside city limits and do want to be annexed into cities after the fact.

This is EXACTLY why HOA's were formed. Outside of cities there is NO zoning.

Not being in the city, they don't qualify for municipal services such as trash and snow removal and road maintenance. The roads are private. That's how they get to install gates. You can't gate a public road.

Did the reporter get five sentences out in that "conversation?"

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A county can zone if it wants to, at least in my part of the world, and I live in a POA where it maintains a park, along with the pools, clubhouse, tennis courts and a walking trail.

The city does trash, streets, etc.

I'm not really clear on the difference between a POA and HOA though.

When mine was built, decades ago, it was in the county but is now in the city.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I friend of mine got popped by his HOA because he built a tomato bed on the side of his house where he got the best sun - instead of in the backyard, behind the required privacy fence so nobody would be subjected to the sight of tomato plants.

Draft saved Draft deleted