1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOA President goes ape#$%$ on reporter -- audio posted of rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Cook, Jan 14, 2013.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Loved that recording.

He's going to sue, a "legal lawsuit" for "detriment of character", and he's "lividly pissed" at the reporter.

No matter what you think of HOAs, there's no disputing that this guy is a royal cockbag who has very little grasp of the legal system or reality as a whole, to think he can just decree that nothing be written that includes his name or the name of the housing development.

"Furthermore, this notice also requires you not to at any measure mention anything regarding my name, any resident of Stonecreek, NOR will we ALLOW any of your printing in any article regarding Stonecreek at any time in any publication," the message stated. "You will be held liable for any violations of this letter and notice/request in this email. If we find/discover you have mentioned Stonecreek in any legal matter their (sic) will be action toward yourself as well as any print paper you represent in the media article.

"You may contact any HOA in the County of Vanderburgh, the State of Indiana, but Stonecreek will not PERMIT OR ALLOW YOU our legal name in any future article."

I'd love to hear a recording of this guy talking to his lawyer, trying to get a lawsuit filed on his behalf. He probably got laughed off the phone.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Justified just found its plot for next season.

The HOA guy sounded like an SNL character, dropping in legal terms (misusing them actually) to try and intimidate the reporter, but in the process demonstrating how misinformed he is.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

From the journalistic aspect of it, I love how the reporter handled himself during that call. Why does this HOA president think he and his HOA is so special that they can't be named in a publication or that people who live in that neighborhood also can't participate? I guess when you are used to bullying people around you feel like you can do it to everyone and everything, even if it is outside of your domain.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

My experience with HOAs is that they're usually run by the guy who lost the election for class president back in '84.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Did someone say "Legal Lawsuit"??

6. printit

printit Member

I would bet money that 4 of the 5 examples you list in your parade of horribles are already covered by city/county laws and/or zoning regulations. I will just live dangerously on the whole paint the house pink thing.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Code enforcement offices generally handle the same things covered by HOAs.

What HOAs really do is pay for gates, and pools, for the neighborhood.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If I were a lawyer, I would be happy to take the lawsuit and drain the HOA of its funds.

9. You haven't seen the HOAs where I live.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if this HOA is up against it because of vacancies or foreclosures. A lot of HOA homeowners have taken it in the shorts recently because the same maintenance bills have to be paid by a much smaller group of people.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It sounds like the HOA just has a dick as president.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Left the biz in 1999.

Draft saved Draft deleted