1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ho Ho Ho -- Moddy Mix 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

A very, very solid mix once again. Moddy rocks Christmas!

And I got no idea who is singing on any of them. Don't even care. Just enjoying my tunes.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got mine the other day... loved it as always... Am always enjoying a twangy "Blue Christmas"

Is there a playlist forthcoming?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

3 is Straight No Chaser - Hey Santa!
    My guess at No. 4 is Carole King and James Taylor doing Baby It's Cold Outside.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Thank you so much for the mix, Moddy! Been enjoying it on my long drives to and from work. I recognize the Jewel song, for sure. And I'm also on board with the Buck Owens guess. Great assortment of holiday music!

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Got mine today! Love it so far. I know Straight No Chaser is in there and I thought I heard Buck Owens as well. I'm guessing James Taylor on "It's Cold Outside" but don't recognize the female singer.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's funny you mention that one, HC. Yes, that is James Taylor but I can't find the original file of that song and I'm uncertain about the female singer - though I'm pretty sure it is Norah Jones.

Set list coming Sunday. Last ones went in mail yesterday.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Solved! It's James Taylor and Natalie Cole. :)

9. Moderator1

Yeah! Thanks. Knew it was the singer-daughter of someone. Natalie IS the daughter of Nat King Cole, right??

Anyway, there's one more on there that has "unknown artist" and I'll try to solve it by the time I post. And Nat King Cole is on there, too.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

And Tori Amos - Track 7.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

#14 just has to be Ray Stevens. Even has a cameo by Clyde the Camel from "Ahab the Arab".

12. Moderator1

You're good.

Ray Stevens may be a strange name to our friends here from the younger generation.

Draft saved Draft deleted