1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hitting Rockbottom, baby...UPDATED W/ NEW STAFF MEMBER!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I was thinkin more softball player.

Congrats RB!!

Little girls are the best.
    (you guys know what i mean).

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Knowing RB, golfer. And since talent skips a generation, the girl is bound to be outstanding...

3. I was at the hospital last night for the miracle, and RB was texting me and the grandparents in the waiting room with updates. Thankfully, he didn't blog.

By far my favorite moment was after it was finally over, when he came around the corner and was assaulted by the grandparents with hugs, etc. Grandma R-Bottom, who had been frantic the last hour or so, said "What does she look like." RB, without pause and a huge grin on his face, responded: "She looks like a baby."

By the way, the baby looks like her dad -- down to the same color hair.

4. lono

lono Active Member

Congrats to the whole RB family.

Remember, it's never too early to start giving your kids rules.

And rule No. 1 for daughter: No dating bloggers. Ever.

5. congrats RB.

But something about Rebecca May Rockbottom just doesn't sound right.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Congrats RB!

7. WS

WS Member

I wonder if Rockbottom's paper will start taking middle school and JV call-ins when Rebecca May Rockbottom gets to the seventh grade and is averaging one assist per match in volleyball games.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

How come you aren't posting about the other women who gave birth yesterday? They worked just as hard and they deserve to be mentioned. Why are you biased against those mothers? I'm cancelling my subscription.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They do that now...

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mazel Tov!

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

The first story from Rockbottom to little Rebecca...

"Honey, let me tell you a little story. Once upon a time, Daddy covered this golf tournament called The Masters. It's played at this beautiful, green course called Augusta National.

"Can you say AW GUST AH? OK, give it a couple years.

"Anyway, Daddy wrote a lot of stories about this tournament. He walked all around its pretty green fairways and shimmering, slick-as-glass greens. He talked to players like Tiger Woods.

"Yes, Tiger Oods. Close enough."

"After all the really, really good golfers were done, they drew names and Daddy's name got picked to play Augusta. Yes, they actually let Bad Golfer Daddy play golf on that beautiful course.

"Let me tell you what Daddy did on the first hole... Now this is what Daddy did on the second hole. And I'm sure you want to hear what Daddy did on holes 3-18, so let me tell you what club I hit off of No. 3 tee...

90 minutes later...

...And after Daddy four-putted No. 18 to finish with a score of 132, he shook his caddie's hand (that's the guy who carried Daddy's clubs and found all of Daddy's drives that went into the trees) and lived happily ever after.

Congrats, RB! Enjoy your beautiful addition and get a golf club in her hands ASAP.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Congrats, RB.

Draft saved Draft deleted