1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History's "Ancient Aliens"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Dec 28, 2011.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Sorry if a thread on this has already been done, but this show just pisses me off.

And yet I'll watch it for minutes at a time.

I get visibly upset that this show remains on History, yet something as good and informing as "The Universe" gets stuck on H2.

End of (short) nerd rant.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Show cracks me up. I watch it all the time.
    What isn't evidence of alien visitation during ancient times?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I hate all the "Search for Sasquatch" type shows. Spoiler alert: They DON'T find Sasquatch. You know how I know? Because everyone would have already heard about it in the months between filming the show and the broadcast.

The people in those shows, who try to come off as experts, always strike me as little kids running through the woods pretending Bigfoot is going to get them. They're like the kids in "Super 8" with better PRODUCTION VALUE! Especially when they break out the night vision.

If you were really hunting for Bigfoot, why on Earth would you be searching for him at night when whatever "evidence" there might be of such a beast does not point to nocturnal habits?

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ursl6BX9yI/Tly-H5n30ZI/AAAAAAAARZY/Cx3OyRnpbEk/s1600/AncientAliensMeme.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thanks to this post, I'm now seeing a "Finding Bigfoot" ad for Animal Planet along the bottom of this page.

My favorite part of the show is how EVERYTHING points to evidence of Bigfoot (Bigfoots? Bigfeet?) in the area. They scream into the night, then a coyote answers or their own echo bounces back "THAT'S A SQUATCH!" Come across some overturned rocks or a bare patch of ground "A SQUATCH HAS BEEN HERE!"

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The guy's hair is one of the best parts of the show.
    Also, it is not a meme.

I think the show is a riot. The double-back and circular logic are tremendous.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "History" Channel is a waste of fucking time, programming pandering to the sub-room-temperature IQ crowd.

Most of the reasonably intelligent stuff has been shunted over to H2, but the idiocy is beginning to creep over there too.

8. Inky_Wretch

I'm still trying to figure out WTF a show about a pawn shop is doing on there.

9. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Hey guys, I actually found proof of the existence of ancient aliens!

[​IMG]

Also, did you know that ancient people used to play stone records with birds? That is so weird!

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just more of the reality-show cancer which has corrupted most of teevee.

Everybody involved should be mercilessly slaughtered.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I freaking love the show Swamp People that the History Channel does. I can't turn away when it's on. I have actually added the show to my DVR list to record every episode. There was a marathon on Christmas Eve. It was one of the best parts of the holiday for me.

There. I admitted it. I no longer have to stay in the closet about it.

12. Inky_Wretch

Especially those who think a pawn shop is the best place to sell George Washington's autograph or Lamborghini.

Draft saved Draft deleted