1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History Will Beat Them With A Stick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

It is no more or less ridiculous than the idea that we are being judged by the rest of the world by how we treat our prisoners. That, my friends, is ridiculous.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Where did anyone saying anything about torture being the reason so many people hate us?
    And how, exactly, does waterboarding make us a stronger country and lessen the terrorist threat?

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, Joel, but that's way over the head of the typical liberal here. Their best plan so far is to try to get the terrorists to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. Other than that, they present nothing and represent even less.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I would like to interrupt this fascinating discussion to announce that I have just hit 20,000 posts.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of the thread before it's locked.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Please define this group of people, please.

Locate this country with no base of morals for me, please.

Please cite the consensus you have found in the intelligence community that we MUST torture people to get intelligence.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, when our troops take photos that are plastered all over the web, it becomes kind of a big deal. Hadn't you heard?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, at least Tony has a new playdate friend.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep, the liberals are the reigning idiots in the Middle East.

Someone explain that one to me.

9. Actually, I think the best plan would be to corner the leader of the group that actually attacked us on 9/11 and then, at the last moment, divert our attention and resourses to invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, destabilizing the region, empowering Iran, and providing even more recruits for the anti-American jihad.

Osama bin Laden thanks Allah for people like you every day.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What's even more amazing is that we're supposed to look to the dickwads who
    bollixed this up for the right answers, now.

Riiiiiiiiight.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20-20 my smarty pants liberal friend.

Who would have thought that not catching Osama bin Laden would turn out to be a bad move after all?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You just have to love this logic:

We had to invade Iraq because Saddam Hussein was a bad guy who tortured people.

We now have to torture people so that we can gain intelligence, so that we can stop torturing people.

Draft saved Draft deleted