1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History repeating itself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Your mama? What are you talking about? I figured I'd keep any animosity between us, thus my PM. You got something more to say, that's what PMs are for.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Another day, another enemy. Like I give 1/30th of a shit.

pallister, you chickenshit, post this shit out in the open. I don't need your valentines. No whispering.

Chickenshit.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thanks for stopping by, Pube Jackson Beauregard.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

LJB, Grow the fuck up.  Seriously, leave everyone alone and deal with your own problems.

I've had a shitty day and really am not in the mood for this shit.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Very brave, anonymous message board poster. Now, I'm no longer responding to you on this thread. Keep ruining it if you wish.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Doc, what do you have to do with this? This isn't your fight, so stay the fuck out, if you please.

Same goes for Mrs. Doc. Will the registry be posted here?

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Yes, you can negotiate with a rational actor. The Soviets didn't want nuclear war any more than we did. Calling Hezbollah a rational actor that can be dealt with, even through the minefield of Mutually Assured Destruction, is insanity. We are dealing with a group of fanatics who are willing to strap bombs to their chests, walk into a crowded market and blow themselves up...not exactly the model of rationality. All of these fanatical Muslim groups -- AQ, Hezbollah, etc. -- share a common goal of wiping Israel from the map. Israel moved their territorial lines with Lebanon back in accordance with U.N. resolutions and yet this did not bring peace to the region. Unless you are willing to negotiate the complete destruction of the only true democracy in the region, I'm not sure what we have to talk about with them. The Communists and the Islamic terrorists are both evil in their own ways, but pretending the same tactics that worked against Mother Russia will work with Hezbollah is fantasy.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Good. You can go fuck off, Fat Boy. Have a great year.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Funny, I don't remember you being part of a discussion between pallister and alley. Kind of hypocritical of you to use that argument with me, IMO.

And no, the registry will not be posted here. Those who know they're getting invited will be told where the registry is.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

So, this is what a heated argument on here looks like from the outside.

Nice perspective.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Excuse me, Russell. I believe I requested the hand job.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm not heated... I just had a crappy day and get tired of others throwing shit on the board that shouldn't be there, and since I'm crabby-pants today, I am easily agitated.

Draft saved Draft deleted