1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History repeating itself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For lack of a better word, appeasement seemed to work pretty well in October 1962.

Funny how some people forget that.

I wonder how many would have died in the nuclear holocaust had the Bush Crime Family been in the White House 44 years ago.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sorry, what act of appeasement took place in October 1962?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Would you have said the same thing in WWII if we knew that a draft-age child of Franklin Roosevelt wasn't serving? So unless we have a draft, or unless every member of the Congress and/or administration sends a kid to war, we shouldn't do anything about a threat to our shores and our people?

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm not talking about those people Hondo, and you know it. I'm talking specifically about you. That's kinda why I mentioned your name. Don't bring others into it or put words into my mouth.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We agreed to a private quid pro quo to remove our missiles from Turkey and pledged to never invade Cuba in return for the USSR dismantling its missiles in Cuba and pledging to keep them out forever.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

1). Am I the only one who finds it odd that conservatives are accusing liberals of being anti-Semetic? In the past, it's always been the other way around, hasn't it?
    2). The hatred and lies about their religion I hear toward Muslims sounds an awful lot like what was being said about Jews between WW I and WW II. OK, Jews never flew airplanes into buildings, but the vast majority of Muslims haven't and don't approve of it, either.
    3). Did anybody see the ad on the right side of the page that read "Would you rent your summer home to this guy" with a photo of Al Franken? Doesn't his money spend just as well as anyone else's?
    As much as I can't stand him, if I had a summer home, I'd rent it to Michael Savage as long as the check cleared.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ah! I never knew about the Turkey part. All I knew was the missiles out of Cuba in return for the promise to not invade....was wondering how anyone could think that was appeasement. Now it's clear.

SportsJournalists.com......who says it's not educational? ;D

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Again, terrorist groups are our enemy, not a religion.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Postmodernist, uptopian pacifistic appeaser!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Probably a communist, too. You know why dools stopped writing books, don't you? Because he masturbates.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

You had two '50s and moved right into the '70s.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For all you know, I could be researching a book about masturbation. Jerkoff!

Draft saved Draft deleted