1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of the Eagles on Showtime

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 11, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Frey and Henley still seemed like friends. Felder is a studio musician, I think, getting session work. He's a very talented guitarist and with his royalty checks, he's probably not starving anyways, especially if he saved the money he made while he was in the band.

They all looked pretty good, except for Meisner, who looked liked he was about 80.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Henley became the kind of guy his own songs used to rail on.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What's the Bruce Hornsby song have to do with this? ;D

4. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

Never loved the Eagles, but this was interesting viewing. Glenn Frey came off as about 100 times the arrogant douche that I sensed he was. And I've always sensed he was exactly that to begin with.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Downloaded two of my favorite Eagles songs tonight - very eager to see this show on Friday

I read Felder's book a while back. He taught Tom Petty? Am I remembering right?

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

KISS is the poster children for the "leaders" being complete bastards to the rest of the band.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Don Felder's take:

"It seemed like everything was fine and dandy a lot of the time, which really was not the case," he explains. "There was always a lot of friction and tension going on. We had some fun times, but there were also a lot of stressful arguing and disputes and disagreements and words being thrown around -- between Don and Glenn, too. They portrayed it like they'd been best buddies since '71 or something, but there's been quite a few times between them, too. So a lot of stuff was just omitted that way, I think."

As for the depiction of his dismissal in Part 2 of the documentary, Felder -- who published a memoir, "Heaven and Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001)" in 2006 -- says he was surprised by "the anger that was displayed, and the bitterness, especially from Glenn. It really left me taken aback that he was still so angry about all of that, and I couldn't understand why, to tell the truth. I've been way past it for about 10 years now."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549693/don-felder-history-of-the-eagles-isnt-the-whole-story

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mick and Keef aren't exactly magnanimous to their band mates past or present either.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

"Hotel California" is a song that leads me to keep a butcher knife in the console of my car. If I accidentally hear it on the radio, even a few bars, I start tracing veins.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

If I didn't know better, I'd assume Zeke was dead based solely on his absence from coming on this thread to express his hatred.

11. Riptide

"Heartache Tonight" does that to me. It sounds like a summer camp song.

12. Riptide

Love the song, but the radio stations damn near killed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted