1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

History of the Eagles on Showtime

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 11, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just watched this show. It's excellent. Lots of interviews, history behind the band/songs, background about the personality conflicts, etc. I don't know why, but it sort of surprised me that everyone is really well-spoken, especially Don Henley. Lots of appearances by Jackson Browne and JD Souther; David Geffen does not come off well.

Outstanding band, and almost all of their music holds up today. I saw them at a stadium show in July of 1975 with Dan Fogelburg, Judy Collins and Seals and Crofts. It was supposed to be on Sunday but it got rained out and rescheduled for Monday, which cut the crowd in half and made for a much better show.

If you get an opportunity to see this, I highly recommend it.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I love the Eagles. My mom and step-dad are big fans, and they got me hooked on listening to them when I was young.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about the Philadelphia Eagles, and then I wondered how they would stretch all the successful seasons into a 30-minute show.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-top-ten-reasons-big-lebowski-was-right-2523128.html

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

About 20-25 minutes on what a tough SOB Chuck Bednarik was.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is this thing 195 minutes? Did I hit record on the right thing? It is on again Friday night.

Saw the Eagles twice, 25 years apart.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Like The Dude, I hate The Eagles except for a couple of songs. But this was a great show. I love watching this stuff anyway. It was well done, and I really like the inside baseball of it all. Especially when they start hating each other.

But what the hell happened to Randy Meisner, he looks 145 years old.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Don Henley is the goddamned devil.

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Devil with a perm.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Not sure you want to get into a pissing match with a Steelers fan over team success.

Intelligence? Sure. Hygiene? Absolutely. But team success? Donnie, you're out of your element.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So this question doesn't get lost amid the whatever

Draft saved Draft deleted