1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hispanics (heart) Hillary?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 12, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Here in Cowshitistan and in other, more habitable parts of Texas, the Democratic primary will be a meaningful one, for a change.

One of the more talked-about topics is how many Hispanic voters, in Texas and elsewhere, are fans of HRC. I can posit a few guesses as to why this is so, but I'd rather hear others' take on this subject. I'm not very convinced by the reasons I've come up with on my own. I tend to find this particular dynamic somewhat baffling. ?PLC? (PLC is Spanish for WTF)

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Don't know why the Hispanic voters are tending to favor Hillary. It could be because they think she'll be like her husband, because Chavez endorsed her, or because they're buying into her slick political rhetoric.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's your answer.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The latin/black schism in this country is anything but insignificant.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The uneducated always vote democrat. (Ducking...)

6. writing irish

I understand about the Latin/Black schism and that it's very real with some people. I'm more curious about the non-racist reasons for liking HRC over Obama.

7. You're a funny asshole!

Also, Dubya convinced a lot of people to vote against their best interests in '04.

To answer the question, I don't know either. Was Bill friendly with our latin friends in the 90s? I was in middle school so I wasn't paying attention.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It's the new, slightly more revealed, cleavage.

9. Snarky Arky

Snarky Arky Member

The Asian-American/African-American schism is much greater (see Riots, Los Angeles). Some minorities seem to hate other minorities more than they hate whites, maybe because they see other minorities as threatening their own upward progression.

10. I hate Eskimos.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The exit polls claim that the better educated are voting more for Obama than Hillary.

12. writing irish

Me, I'm voting for O'Bama based on ethnic loyalties. I refuse to learn from bad experiences with the Daleys, Kennedys, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted