1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

His mama named him Clay, I'm gonna call him Clay!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Chad Ochocinco now just plain ole' Chad Johnson (again), apparently so his new bride won't have to have a ridiculous last name:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8191660/chad-ochocinco-miami-dolphins-says-last-name-johnson-again

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

A man goes into a restaurant. He sits down, he's havin' a bowl of soup. He says to the waiter, "Waiter, come taste the soup." Waiter says "Is there something wrong with the soup?" He says "Taste the soup."

He says, "Is there something wrong with the soup? Is the soup too hot?" He says, "Will you taste the soup?", "What's wrong is the soup too cold?"

"Will you just taste the soup?", "All right, I'll taste the soup. Where's the spoon?"

"Ah-ha! Ah-ha!"

Eh, what do you know from funny, you bastards?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What can I say? I like the guy.

He's nutty, but I think a very high percentage of what he does is well-intentioned or is done just for the purpose of having fun.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He's a clown, but a clown who keeps his nose clean off the field. There's something to be said for that.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I loved Chad Ochocinco. His popularity transcends football. I hope Chad Johnson keeps up the laughs.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Agree with all of this. In the history of knuckleheaded NFL players, he's far from the most egregious offender. His antics were almost always harmless.

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Who the hell else tweets for 200 random people to come have dinner with him and picks up the bill for everyone AND gives them his personal cell phone number in case they want to hang out?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He loves his IHOP too.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"You must be out your goddamn mind! Chad Johnson is the greatest receiver that ever lived. I'll be with you boys in a minute. He was better than Jerry Rice, he was better than TO, and that new boy-what's his name? Larry Fitzgerald?-looks like a bulldog; he was badder than him, too.

"Vait a minute. Vat about Hines Ward?"

"Oh, there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout receivers, a Steelers fan got to pull Hines Ward out they ass. That's their one, that's their one. Hines Ward! Hines Ward! Let me tell you something, once and for all--Hines Ward was good; but compared to Chad J ohnson, Hines Ward ain't shit.

" He got more Super Bowl rings than Chad Johnson's ass."

"That's right, he got more rings than Chad Johnson's ass."

"Chad Johnson was 75 years old when he played in the Super Bowl."

"I don't know how old he was, but he got his ass whooped in the Super Bowl."

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ok, that was awesome, Baron. Excellent work.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don't put this shit head in a thread with the great Ali.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree it's a bad hed.

Draft saved Draft deleted