1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hirings at CBSSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, May 13, 2011.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It's one of the world's worst kept secrets that I'm personally involved, so what the hell. Pretty exciting news in my corner of this universe today. From the press release:

CBSSports.com today announced the hiring of three award-winning writers who will cover college basketball and college football for the site. Tony Barnhart and Brett McMurphy will cover college football and Jeff Goodman will report on college basketball for CBSSports.com.

Barnhart has been writing for the site for a few weeks; McMurphy starts next week. Goodman in June.
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Nice to see Brett land on his feet.
  3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Goodman and Parrish together should be dynamic. Best news-breaking duo in hoops? Certainly better than the four letter network's trio.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How did you convince them to move to St. Francisville? [/oldboardmeme]
  5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

No question that Goodman and Parrish are better at breaking news than the four-letter network. Combined they're going to be scary. Look for a lot more "ESPN has learned ..." in the future.
  6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Without making a planned effort to do so, I find that I'm going to CBSSports.com and SI.com way more often than I go to ESPN.com.

Usually the only time I go to ESPN.com is if someone from here links to something, like a Wright Thompson feature or maybe a Reilly column.
  7. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Any chance they'll do anything with college pucks?
  8. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Member

9. SeanKennedy

SeanKennedy Member

Goodman has been kicking butt.
  10. dirtybird

dirtybird Active Member

Do any national outlets outside of sites like USCHO/InsideCollegeHockey/A few smaller sites actually cover the sport?
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Does ESPNU.com count? ESPN doesn't seem to invest much money or effort in that site, but college hockey/lacrosse/baseball are big enough in some parts of the country I think a site that really covers all college sports hard could do well.

Enough of the thread jack though, CBS has got a good lineup going. It might become my go-to.
  12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

CBScollegesports, the former CSTV, broadcasts a ton of college puck. Some online presence to promote that isn't completely outside the realm of logic.
Draft saved Draft deleted