1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIRING: Content Creators needed for a (Peter) Chernin Group-incubated sports start-up

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Eric Winter, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Eric Winter

Eric Winter New Member

Hey everyone,

My name is Eric Winter, former CEO at Rivals.com and SVP of Digital Products (OTT/PPV, etc) at Ultimate Fighting Championship.

I am a Board Advisor for a start-up called Sports Action, which has been incubated out of The Chernin Group. Sports Action focuses on the world of sports gambling.

Less than one year old, Sports Action has built a beautiful and incredible app, focusing on data and subscription services. The company is now prepared to hire content creators to cover sports gambling (anything and everything).

Sports Action will launch its .com in a couple of weeks, and the content will also live in-app - but the company is hiring now (freelance contributors, with an eye toward FT).

Sports Action currently has four content creators who last week started creating content via our soft-launch at www.sportsaction.io/blog

Please email me or text me if you are interested ...

Best regards,

Eric

ericwinter@yahoo.com
    310-804-0932

2. Eric Winter

Eric Winter New Member

Thank you to everyone who has responded to me directly. Pretty overwhelming number of candidates. I have hired two writers already from this post, with a goal to bring on two more today/tomorrow. Please hit me up if you have an interest.

It appears we will be launching our new desktop experience (.com) and flowing all content in-app (News or Articles tab) this Thursday.

So great things are happening at Sports Action.

Draft saved Draft deleted