1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hipster doofuses (doofi?) ruin everything, part 1,339

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 13, 2007.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

the hipster kids in my burg are all running around in these wool hats... either something that looks like the Great Gazoo would wear, or Bavarian-looking mini fedora things, plaid with a little feather on the side. Buncha dweebs.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

RE: Trucker hats.

In my neck of the woods, we always (and still do) called them:
    a) Cheese Graters (because of the holes in the back)
    or
    b) Mesh-backs (for the same reason)

They are not exclusive to truckers. Little league teams wore them, and I know MLB used to license hats like that in the 1980s, and they were/are popular among farmers.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That was the only kind of hat I ever wore in Little League.

4. [​IMG]

This kind of hat gets results.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So, it tastes like stomach acid, then?

This thread reminds me of an old saying:

What's the word? Thunderbird
    What's the price? A dollar, twice

7. pallister

pallister Guest

What's wrong with buying clothes (or furniture, for that matter) at Wal-Mart, you elitist bastard? ;D

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Don't get me started on Wal Mart furniture. Or Sam's Club furniture, or even Target furniture, for that matter. ;)

Last time I put together some of that bullshit furniture, with dowels made of plastic, I cussed enough to remind myself of my dad untangling Christmas lights. Something was always so hilarious about calling Christmas lights "motherf*ckers" and "sons of bitches."

RIP, Dad. Went to the great Irish pub in the sky in 1999. The next year was the worst of my life. Not to bring the gravity from the cancer thread over here to the levity of the Boone's Hill thread, but my thoughts are also with you, pallister. Here's hope your family enjoys blessings and more than a little good fortune in the coming months.

Draft saved Draft deleted